With growing awareness regarding health and wellness and the use of social media, a number of amazing but less validated products are coming into buzz. Essential oils are one of them and they’re incredibly underrated. A treat for your well-being, they are known for their qualities. We break down essential oils for you and tell you why they need to be on your shopping list!
What Exactly Are Essential Oils?
Essential oil is extracts of different useful plants, like Lavender, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, etc. These extracts are in a liquid state and have more concentration than normal oils. Essential oils consist of a very high percentage of plant elements and therefore, prove to be useful medicine against various health problems. They even have a stronger smell than the real plant element itself.
Essential oils are formed by pressing or steaming various parts of the plants. These oils acquire the smell and flavor of the plants. Every essential oil comes with a unique smell that makes it easier to identify. Pure essential oil consists of plant extract only, but carrier oils are mixed with them to make it suitable for use.
The Solid Benefits Of Essential Oils:
Essential oils are known to be natural remedies for several ailments. In fact, some studies prove essential oils as a natural remedy for various physical issues. Here are some ways in which essential oils can be made a part of your daily routine:
- Essential oils like lavender oil help in grounding and de-stressing and stimulating healthy sleep and balance.
- Some essential oils are also known to help with migraines, and get rid of antimicrobial infections while improving digestion and gut health. Some people consume essential oil capsules orally too.
- They are used by manufacturers to make a variety of goods in the cosmetics business to generate fragrances, add scent to lotions and body washes. They work as natural antioxidant sources in beauty care products.
- These oils are used by many natural medicine practitioners, even aromatherapists. Aromatherapy is the practice of diffusing essential oils into the air. This process helps in dealing with lung problems.
- Through aromatherapy, you can inhale essential oils that allow some of the potentially beneficial components to the body where they benefit you holistically.
- Also, essential oils are mixed with carrier oil and massaged into the skin to deliver active chemicals to the body.
Which Are The Most Popular Essential Oils?
One of the best parts about essential oils is that there are many of them and can be carefully picked according to your needs.
Some of the favourite essential oils are:
- Lavender oil: Lavender oil benefits the body and the mind. It’s frequently used to reduce tension and anxiety while also promoting restful sleep.
- Tea tree oil: Also known as Melaleuca, it was traditionally used to treat wounds by Australia’s aboriginal people. Tea tree oil uses are widely known from treating acne, athlete’s foot, and bug bites to fighting infections and boosting immunity.
- Peppermint oil: When taken in a capsule, peppermint essential oil appears to help reduce irritable bowel syndrome symptoms. It also aids in solving digestion problems and other gut health issues.
- Lemon oil: Lemon essential oil has a zesty aroma that uplifts the mood. It’s also commonly utilized in cleaning solutions created at home. Lemon oil can also be used to aid digestion and headaches.
- Eucalyptus oil: Eucalyptus is an excellent essential oil to keep handy during the winter months. It relieves a stuffy nose by opening the nasal passages, allowing you to breathe more easily.
No doubt, essential oils are a blessing to your lifestyle. They are helpful in curing skin problems as well as other serious health issues like migraine and insomnia. Essential oils are a concentrated extract of plants, therefore proving to be effective. Please note that these oils may create problems if consumed wrong. Always remember to dilute the essential oil in a carrier oil before applying.
When used correctly these can do wonders for you.